Friday, May 22, 2015

Tap water in the Dominican Republic, a nightmare for peole.

Since I was a child I remember my father telling me not to drink the water from the faucet, but when we went to the montain we used to drink water from a hole in the ground, and I always kept thinking about which was more dangerous for my health. one day I went back from school and there wasn´t water in the refrigerator, so I decided to drink tap water, until that single moment I didn´t realize about how dangerous was to have a drink of water from the faucet.

 There are some people who boile water twice to finally use it to cook, because they think it isn´t good for anything. Others buy potable water but also boile it for the same situation; not trusting in dominican water. What worsten this situation is that in this country water has become a business for some people who don´t care if you and me don´t have enough money to buy water because they know it is necesary for humas to drink water.

This country still has good water reserves but if we continue not using it properly soon we wont have this blessing. we most learn about the usage of water but our authorities also have to give a proper treatment to our water so maybe une day we will have the opportunity to drink tap water.

No comments:

Post a Comment