Friday, July 12, 2013

ALZHEIMER



I would like to share with you guys something that my family and I lived for a very long time. 

My grandmother was a very strong woman and very independent, with all the qualities of a super mom latina .. Hehehehehe .. I have very fun memories of her.

I had the great privilege of enjoy with my grandmother until her 92 year old. She was a woman very complicated in the sense that she was very organized with all the qualities of a woman with high standards of good behavior .

She practically raised a large family of about 10 children only by her own, as a result, today her children are women and men of good to our society thanks God but also thanks to her. And that is the way how I remember her as a pretty organized and applied woman but..... I have a bad memory by a detail that changed our lives as children and grandchildren.

She eventually began to forget things, but it seemed something simple or normal until also she began to forget her own children’s name and we realized that something was not right. Actually, she was suffering from this disease called Alzimer and for those who do not know, the Alzimer occurs when old people start to forget their own family, their own history, finally, they forget everything.

It was very painful to see her calling their own children or grandchildren by wrong names; in fact, this disease is very hard because it is like erasing the memory of the person you love.

Finally this whole process with my grandmother showed me the importance of our elders; in the way how they love our parents also we must take care of them because at the end we’ll all return to be like children again.






No comments:

Post a Comment