Friday, December 23, 2016

spiritual renewal and workplace privacy

The grammar of those units were very interesting , ones talked about count and non-count nouns , I learned two ways of using few/little and a few/a little. Few/little has negative meanings; they are similar to not much and not many.  From the other hand a few /a little are opposite they has positive meaning, they are similar to some, when it talk about a small quantity.
  Exempla:  I have few friends.
 I have a few condiments.

In unit 7 the grammar was about verbs t gerund and verbs t infinitive. Others verbs are followed by either gerund or an infinitive with not changing in meaning.

Example: verbs t gerund

Avoid, deny, mind, enjoying, etc
.
I avoid having bad friends.
I enjoy playing volleyball.

Verbs t infinitive

Want, need, have

She wants to buy a car.
I need to talk with you
.
Verbs t infinitive or gerund

Like, love, hate, stop, forget, etc.

She likes dancing.
She likes to dance.
I love to sleep.

I love sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment