Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Sentences with the vocabulary of lesson one

a) I really like to play dominoes and it is a little bit difficult for me to drag myself away when I am starting to
win.
b) Everybody knows that smoking is detrimental to one´s health but many people don´t seem to understand the risks.
c) I sweat so much because I run for about 2 hours. Now I crave for a glass of water.
d) She has practiced many times at the kareoke and now she has turned into a good singer.
e) Are you telling me that you don´t have the willpower to get away from drugs?
f) I was so addicted to the Internet that going through withdrowal was a difficult experience.
g) If Peter meets his friends, he loses track of time talking to them, forgetting all his duties at home.
h) I always criticized Nintendo players for lasting too long at that silly game, but when I tried the first match, I just got hooked on it.
i) If you accept my advice you should cut down on the amoung of cigarettes you smoke in one day.
j) When the doctor told me that drinking alcohol was affecting my kidneys I just went cold turkey.
k) Watch out for John. I think he will come out from behind the door and scare you.
l) I know he did the right thing. But, I guess he shouldn´t turn his friend in to the police when he noticed the robbery.
m) My sister and I used to talk a lot everyday, but just after he got married, she became cut off from me.
n) Michael takes his career very seriously. Working as a designer is all-consuming.


No comments:

Post a Comment