Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Addictions? I know what an addiction is.

      One of the most dangerous things a human been can do is to get addict to something. It is possible to anybody to be addicted to a thing, even if they don't realize that they are getting addicted to it. Being addicted to something doesn't means it is for alcohol or to narcotics. you can be addicted to a lot of things like internet, chatting, video games, sex, watching TV, drinking coffee and so on.

    I think I am a perfect example of what this kind of addict could be. I was a video game addict. I said I was because I think I've overcome to it. I was an addict to video games when I was 13 years old. At first I had to ask money to my parents to go to Central Plaza where there was a place called Funtastico (iI don't know if it is still there nowadays). Sometimes they gave me some money, sometimes they don't. I remember that one day I took a hundred pesos bill from my moms pocket and she didn't realize. So I went to that place again, and again. When I had the chance i took the money from my parents pockets. But one day I got caught. I receive my punishment.On the other hand I got very good grades that  in high school so they offered me a PlayStation console. I was the happiest kid of the world at that time. But next year my grades wasn't even good and they forced me to sell my precious item. I was getting better grades but I wasn't satisfied. I knew there was video games playing centers near the school campus so one day I decided to visit one of them. It was very cheap so I decided to play a bit. I started playing half an hour, then the hole hour and so on. I was so sick that i started to scape from school, or just not to attend to it at all for keep playing and playing. As a result I flunked the second year of high school. I realized the damage I've caused to my parents but specially to myself. From that day on i decided to quit video games. It hasn't been easy but nowadays I can assure that video games is not my addiction any more. 

 

1 comment:

  1. What a terrible description of what an addiction is!! It made think about my kids because they love to play in the computer and feel attracted to video games and things like that, maybe I should pay more attention to this situation. Really interesting indeed, Atilano.

    ReplyDelete