Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Risky waters?



I know I´m supposed to be writing about water but the truth is I´m mentally constipated therefore I´ll write about something completely different and very cliché: ´relationships´, yes, I, Ruth Lopez, am going to be ´talking´ about emotions and feelings so here it goes.

Karla had never been in a relationship and I don´t mean like she hook up with a couple of guys before and wasn´t ready for a long term commitment yet, I mean like this girl had never been kissed and at age 24 and from Nebraska, guess what? She was on her way to be a spinster, therefore she decided to say yes to Oscar, sweet, freshman, studying-12-hours-way-from-her- Oscar.

You see, that´s the thing about us girls, we keep ´listening´ to the intangible biological clock voice inside our heads telling us to rush things up cuz truth to be told you´re the last single girl in town, besides you have to have everything your parents always planned for you since the day that you were born… before turning thirty.

My question is, why are we listening to everyone else except ourselves?
Don´t get me wrong, I think as a young generation we do need to get our elders´ advices but why to drown our own voice, after all, it takes two to tango.

Before you get into a relationship faster than the speed of light, would you do yourself a favor and THINK?
For your own sake, think things through; stopped focusing in your parent´s opinion, in a guy´s perfect dreamy eyes or in your age and evaluate yourself as to why are you really interested in being pursued by this man.


The purpose of a relationship, in most cases, it´s to build a future together, so are we really willing to give ourselves to another person because of peer pressure?

No comments:

Post a Comment