Tuesday, February 26, 2013

                       The oldest old: a look of centenarians.

   After more than 10 years of her dead, I still remember her like it was yesterday.My grandmother, who was 100 years old when passed away, lived a normal life in the countryside, eating unprocessed food. Most of the time she reaped and collected her own food: rice, beans, vegetables, eggs, milk, fruits, etcetera. She ate and drank everything: pork, avocados, coffee and white bread…everything. Her activities were limited to housework. At the age of 99 she could read the bible and strung a needle without glasses. She had an incredible memory, she was always talking about people from her past and she told us a lot of stories from her young time. She cooked and shouted out our names whenever she needed.  Wow, anytime I think about her, sometimes I cry, but most of the time I smile, recalling how kind and lovely she was.

No comments:

Post a Comment