Monday, February 11, 2013

The Internet and Other Addictions

I found this chapter very interesting. I had not idea that surfing the net, playing games, chatting and even shopping online could become an addiction with all the meaning this word implies.I did not know that this is a real illness that could affect to anyone at any age. After reviewing this chapter, I went to the internet in order to find more information about. I found causes, symptoms and therapy.
Some of the causes are depression, anxiety, lack of social support. Among the symptoms are: losing track of time, isolation, not completing task, dry eyes, back aches, weight gain  author: Joanna Saisan).
From now on, I will keep on eye on my 12 years old son, who can spend hours playing video games. He is very shy and he does not do a lot of physical activities.  

1 comment: