Monday, February 18, 2013

Addictive Personalities

I wasn´t aware that there were people more likely to develop an addiction than other people. People who are substance dependent are characterized by a physical or psycological dependency that negatively affects their quality of life, according to Wikipedia, it refers to a particular set of personality traists that make an individual predisposed to addictions. Many scientist believe that addictive behaviors are defined by the exessive use of pleasurable activities to cope with unmanageable with internal conflict, pressure and stress.

An addictive personality may be defined as a psychological setback that makes a person more susceptible to addictions. Such a person may switch from one addiction to another, or even sustain multiple addictions at different times. 

That last part taken out from wikipedia tells me That I am a person with addictive or personality habits because sometimes I´m dealing with two or three addictions at a time which is scaring me after reading it. But thanks God I have become aware about my condition and started struggling against my addictions like coffee, exercising and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment