Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Nowadays the internet and other addictions are problems that the human kind started to face recently but some of them have been there for a long time like, eating disorders, compulsive buying and others.

I read about the common forms of addictive behavior from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and found so many surprising things as people can be addicted to different substances that are physical and mental such as gambling, eating disorders, tanning, cellphone use, the so called internet and computer use, relation to leadership etc. but there was one that really called my attention which is the addiction to exercising.

According to what I found people that are addicted to exercise have a routine and when it has become a major preocupation, affecting other areas of their lives then they have become exercise dependent. The main reason why people slip into the exercise addiction is because the estres released while long training hours, producing endorphins that increase the wellness and the freedom sensation.

As I was reading it, I realized that I´ve become in an exercise addict without even thinking about it, some of my friends urged me to seek for some help but I was in denial. I´m not going to say that I got the help that I needed  but I made myself aware of the running addiction and now I´m more careful about it.

I´m still struggling against exercising every day for hours and trying to keep the balance in my life, convinced  that with willpower I will overcome and succeed.



No comments:

Post a Comment