Sunday, November 20, 2016

                          REMEMBER VS.  REMIND

REMEMBER: is whe you think of a mamory , a past experience.

EX:   I remember the first time I ever swam in the ocean, when I was 5 years old.

          I don't think he remembers that we met 30 years ago.
       
          I can't remember her name, is it  Alice or Annie.

          Do you remember what happened when Joe forgot to buy  a present for his wife on her                       birthday?

REMIND: is when a person or thing makes you think about something.

EX:   My mother reminded me to do the homework after eating lunch.

          Josh uses the calendar on his cellphone to remind him about important dates.

          Our shopping list reminds us what we need to buy at the supermarket.

No comments:

Post a Comment