Thursday, March 31, 2016

UNIT 3: THE BOLD AND THE BASHFUL


The bold  and the bashful
  
   Bold and bashful are personality traits. In fact, world is full of people with these traits. For example, some are bold like my mother(assertive, life of the party, social buttefly, and talk a blue streak). Other are bashful like me (shy, timid, reticent, wallflower).
     In reality, I had not worried about being shy until I listened to Dr. Zimbardo. He says: Shy people are less popular, they have fewer friends, they have lower self esteem, they make less money, their life is more boring, they have less intimacy, less sex, they have fewer leadership skills, less social support, they are more likely to be depressed and as you get older more likely to be lonely.
These are really adverse consequences that I don't want to carry with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment