Saturday, February 28, 2015

THE ELDERLY PART II

Even though I was absent from class last Tuesday, I can write about this issue because I keep reading and studying the last class we were discussing which was "The internet and other addictions" and the present theme now to discuss is "The centenarian people".
Well, talking about ages, I have to say that my family members and I have been very lucky because my grandparents even though they're dead, they died over 90 years. For instance, when my mother's mom died she was 120 years old and her great grandmother died when she was 135 years old but my father's dad died when he was 91 years old and my grandmother, my dad's mom died when she was 95 years old so this explains the lifespan of my family is a matter of genealogy.
Many people do not want to live forever but if I had the chance, I would not lose that opportunity of living endlessly. It would be marvelous to see how the world is changing through the time and enjoy the new inventions the years to come. Speaking about elderly, I have to tell you that I enjoyed of being with my grandparents because they coddled me a lot and thought me many things which have been useful during my whole life however, many young people do not like to be alongside elderly or do not want to stand by them and others reject them without any reason not thinking sooner or later they'll become in elderly also.
What contributions make the elderly to society?
Well, they contribute in helping their family raising the children, they could take grandkids to school or look after them while parents at work so they're useful after all but many of us do not treat them or see them as people who still can contribute with many things to society instead, many of us think the elderly are out of phase or kilter disregarding they have lived more than us, have experienced and lived times which we will not live or experience never in our lives. With the elderly, we are backing time taking advantage of their knowledge which can be useful in our present and future lives.
We have to respect them because apart of being our grandparents, they have lived a life before us, and they're like living libraries where we can get very rewarding information which are valuable both for us and for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment