Monday, April 30, 2012

Feng Shui

I didnt know what Feng Shui was until a couple of weeks ago! When I heard the word for the very first time, I thought it had to deal with martial arts or something like that. Later I realized that Feng Shui is a very special tecnique used by the chinese to keep "harmony" and "balance" with the nature.

According to Wikipedia, Feng shui is a Chinese system of geomancy believed to use the laws of both Heaven and Earth to help one improve life by receiving positive “qi” or “ch'i”.  The term Feng Shui literally translates as "wind-water" in English. Surfing and reading in the internte, I found out that "Qi" (pronounced "chee" in English) is a movable positive or negative life force which plays an essential role in Feng Shui. In Feng Shui as in Chinese martial arts, it refers to 'energy', in the sense of 'life force' or élan vital. A traditional explanation of “qi” as it relates to Feng Shui would include the orientation of a structure, its age, and its interaction with the surrounding environment including the local microclimates, the slope of the land, vegetation, and soil quality. When I was younger I watched "Los Caballeros del Zodiaco" (a famous cartoon series) and they used to talk about "Qi". The higher your "Qi" is, the more powerful you are.

 I would like to know if Feng Shui tecnique really work eventhough I dont have those beautiful and expensive furmitures! I live alone and I am planning to change all the furmiture and follow all the tips. I will remove to the bathroom the mirrors I have  in my bedroom and in the livingroom. I am looking forward of painting the whole house with a new and nice color but first I should keep reading information about this Chinese tecnique. What are we waiting for!!!?? Lets put it in practice and tell me if you feel any difference!!

No comments:

Post a Comment