Sunday, October 3, 2010

My grandma

The new lesson we talked about in classes, “The Oldest Old”, brought to my mind the image of my grandmother. She’s not still a centenarian, she’s 87 years old. She doesn’t live here in D.N., but in San José de Ocoa. She is a very good person, but she mantains very outdated customs.

She’s an old women, and she thinks she doesn’t need to continue living. “She’s only an old women”, and she absolutely disagrees with the lifestyle of the new generations. She doesn’t like seeing people dancing, with short clothes, and She neither likes loud music. Every time she comes to the city, she feels anxious and she wants to leave soon. She was raised learning very religious customs, she only likes watching the mass on TV.

Anyhow, we all love her, and all of us get worried every time she gets sick. I hope my grandma can live many years more.

No comments:

Post a Comment